More About Amber
Amber Sparks is an oceanographer, marine conservation biologist, and oil and gas consultant. Her expertise is unique, specializing in ecological impact assessments, marine biological monitoring, and habitat restoration through the Rigs to Reefs program. She has both international and domestic experience working in the field of offshore oil and gas decommissioning, and uses her background in science communication and technology to distill and relate complex concepts in ocean science for a variety of audiences. Her previous work centered around the ecological, socioeconomic, regulatory, and policy issues surrounding the active implementation of a Rigs to Reefs program in California and internationally. Amber holds a Master's in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation from the Scripps Institute of Oceanography and a Bachelor's in Marine Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Amber's Relevant Certifications & Memberships
- Explorer's Club: Southern California Chapter Member
- Dive Certifictions: AAUS Science Diver Certified, NAUI Nitrox, DAN 02 Administration
- Forbes 30 under 30, Energy Sector 2017
- Disruptive Leadership Honoree, Tribeca Film Festival 2016
- Top 100 Ocean Heroes, Origin Magazine 2016