More About Dr. McGrady
Dr. Jill McGrady has over 15 years of experience in the fields of habitat restoration, ecology, and ecosystem studies. She specializes in the restoration evaluation, planning and development of Natural Resource Damage (NRD) strategy following environmental impacts from mining, refinery, oil spill, and other contamination events. Dr. McGrady has managed several projects with an expert witness component and is familiar with the administrative and confidential aspects of litigation support. Additionally, she brings extensive knowledge of aquatic ecosystem structure and function, biodiversity and climate change theory. Dr. McGrady has multiple publications in leading academic journals and holds a Doctorate in Ecology and Evolution from Rutgers University, a Master's in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from Purdue University, and a Bachelor’s in Biology from Allegheny College.
Dr. McGrady's Publications
- Petchey, O. L., J. McGrady-Steed, and P. J. Morin. 2005. Measuring the functional diversity of food webs. In: de Ruiter, P. C., V. Walters, and J. C. Moore (eds.), Dynamic Food Webs-Multispecies Assemblages, Ecosystem Development, and Environmental Change. Elsevier-Academic Press, pp.334-347.
- Morin, P. J. and J. McGrady-Steed. 2004. Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning in aquatic microbial systems: a new analysis of temporal variation and diversity - predictability relations. Oikos 104: 458-466.
- 1. Petchey, O. L., P.J. Morin, F.D. Hulot, M. Loreau, J. McGrady-Steed, and S. Naeem. 2002. Contributions of aquatic model systems to our understanding of biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. In: Loreau, M., S. Naeem, and P. Inchausti, (eds.), Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning: Syntheses and Perspectives. Oxford University Press, pp. 127-138.
- Fox, J. W. and J. McGrady-Steed. 2002. Stability and complexity in microcosm communities. Journal of Animal Ecology, 71: 749–756.
- McGrady-Steed, J. and P. J. Morin. 2000. Biodiversity, density compensation, and the dynamics of population and functional groups. Ecology 81: 361-373.
- McGrady-Steed, J., P.M. Harris and P.J. Morin. 1997. Biodiversity regulates ecosystem predictability. Nature 390: 162-165.
- McGrady-Steed, J. and P.J. Morin. 1996. Experimental studies of disturbance and diversity in the microbial communities of rain pools. Oikos 76: 93-102.