More About Dr. Yozzo
Dr. Yozzo is a nationally recognized estuarine scientist with 25 years of experience in fisheries, urban ecology, wetland community ecology, ecosystem restoration and resiliency. He has designed and conducted environmental assessments for habitat restoration, compensatory mitigation, navigation, transportation and power delivery programs throughout the U.S., including the Hudson-Raritan Estuary, Long Island Sound, Delaware River Estuary, Chesapeake Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Dr. Yozzo is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Environmental Studies at Purchase College, SUNY, and serves on the editorial board of The Northeastern Naturalist. He is Past-President of the Atlantic Estuarine Research Society and has served on the Governing Boards of the Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation and the Hudson River Environmental Society. He holds a Master’s degree and a Doctorate in Environmental Science from the University of Virginia.
Dr. Yozzo's Memberships & Certifications
• Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation (Governing Board Member, 2005 - 2007)
• Atlantic Estuarine Research Society (President, 2005 - 2008)
• Hudson River Environmental Society
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER/OSHA Training (2015), 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training (2016-2019)
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Wetland Delineation Certification Training (1999)
Office: New York, NY